Fontainebleau Chateau & Barbizon Tour
A fun full day bike tour
Day and time: Daily at 10.30am
Duration: 8 hours
Difficulty: **medium cycling, hilly in some parts
Round trip: 25 kms
Traffic: a small section of road biking but cycle paths most of the way
Price: 80 euros per person
Fontainebleau Chateau & Barbizon Bike Tour starts from Fontainebleau-Avon train station, easily reachable by frequent direct trains from Paris Gare de Lyon
Equipped with a bike, your Bike Leader* will lead you through the tree lined paths next to the canal, to the beautiful chateau of Fontainebleau.
Stop at the Fontainebleau Castle for inside visit with audioguides
Continue on with a walk through the French style gardens (bikes are not permitted in the chateau grounds)
Next you’ll head through the forest to the picturesque village of Baribizon.
Leisurely picnic or restaurant lunch – not included in price
Stop at the Barbizon School of Painters Museum (Auberge Ganne) for inside visit
Continue on with a walk through the picturesque painters’ village.
Return cycle to Fontainebleau
*The bike leader is not a tour guide, he/she is an English speaking team member who will show you the route at a leisurely pace & supply the entrance tickets when included.
– Fontainebleau castle & Auberge Ganne entrance tickets
– Inside visit with audioguides
– Visit the stunning palace gardens
– Charming town of Fontainebleau
– Millet’s Studio at cost (not included in price)
– Fabulous boulders at the entrance of Barbizon
– Great cycle track from Fontainebleau to Barbizon
– English speaking Bike Leader